25 health benefits of carrots
Carrots are a tasty orange root, known especially as a source of the healthy antioxidant beta-carotene. Carrots are also rich in other nutrients that have health-promoting effects. Read 25 interesting facts about why you should crumble a carrot!
- Body pH – Our diet consists of acidic foods such as meat and dairy products that at the same time acidify the body’s pH. Carrots, on the other hand, are rich in alkaline ingredients, allowing it to balance the acid-base balance in our body.
- Anemia – The molecular structure of carrots is very similar to the molecular structure of hemoglobin. This allows the carrot to support the production of hemoglobin in the body. In addition, carotene helps keep blood sugar levels constant.
- Aging – Carrots are rich in vitamin C, which promotes collagen production. Collagen is a protein that maintains skin elasticity and suppleness and prevents the formation of wrinkles. Beta-carotene is also converted in the body to vitamin A, which slows down the signs of aging on the skin.
- Antiseptics – Carrots have good antiseptic or bactericidal properties, which improves resistance.
- Blood Vessels – Potassium, which is abundant in carrots, makes blood vessels more elastic and improves blood circulation.
- Blood Pressure – Potassium also helps balance blood pressure. In addition, coumarin, a naturally occurring aromatic compound found in carrots, supports blood pressure control and protects heart health.
- Anti-carcinogenicity – Anti-carcinogenic means anti-cancer. The polyacetylene antioxidants in the carrot as well as the falcarinol compound help prevent cancer. Studies have shown that falcarinol in particular slows down the growth of cancer cells.
- Calcium – Carrots are rich in calcium, an important substance for bone and tooth development.
- Cardiac – Studies show that different combinations of carotenes in carrots such as beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and fat-soluble carotene lutein help fight heart disease. Carrots lower cholesterol levels because its water-soluble fibers bind bile acid and thus remove cholesterol from the body.
- Congestion – Carrot juice vitamins and composed effectively dilute body secretions from the ear, nose and throat area. This helps to avoid nasal congestion, sinusitis and bronchial mucus.
- Diabetes – Carrot carotenoids regulate insulin and glucose levels and balance blood sugar fluctuations.
- Oral Health – Thanks to the rough texture of the carrot, it seems to scrape off plaque and food debris from the surface of the teeth. In addition, its hard structure irritates the gums, strengthening them. Carrots also improve saliva production, which reduces harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Detox Effects – Carrot Vitamin A helps the liver cleanse the body of toxins. In addition, it eliminates the accumulation of fat and bile in the liver. Carrot water-soluble fibers in the colon clean germs.
- Digest – Fiber-rich carrot improve bowel function, promote digestion, enhance weight reduction and ease constipation.
- Lungs – Emphysema causes damage to the alveoli. This causes an oxygen deficiency. Eating a carrot relieves the symptoms of emphysema caused by smoking.
- Vision – Beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin carotenoid protect the eye and night vision. In addition, they prevent astigmatism, high intraocular pressure, and cataract formation.
- Fertility – Lack of fertility is due in part to a lack of important nutrients and enzymes in the diet. Consuming carrot juice regularly nourishes the body and enhances fertility.
- Hair Loss – Carrots ’vitamins C and E enhance blood flow to the scalp, thus promoting hair growth and preventing graying.
- Healing – Carrots contain a lot of anti-inflammatory substances that make it easier to feel, for example, when suffering from arthritis. In addition, especially raw carrots enhance wound healing.
- Immune System – Carrots have many antiseptic and antibacterial properties that strengthen the immune system and immunity. Carrots are also an excellent source of vitamin C and enhance the production of white blood cells in the blood. White blood cells are the foundation of the immune system.
- Menstruation – Carrot juice contains a herbal female hormone that relieves menstrual cramps, reduces menstrual bleeding and facilitates menopausal sensations.
- Breastfeeding – Carrots also provide benefits for breastfeeding mothers. It improves the quality of milk and increases the amount of milk production. The positive effects of carrots on breast milk have been observed especially in the first days after childbirth.
- Skin Problems – Carrot antioxidants, carotenoids, vitamin A and vitamin C are effective in nourishing the skin, preventing flaking and rash, and repairing scars and sunburn. In addition, potassium helps keep skin moisturized.
- Children – A glass of carrot juice in the morning for a week helps fight common common worms in children.
- During pregnancy – Carrots help in fetal development and reduce the risk of infection and miscarriage. Especially during the last trimester of pregnancy, ingestion of carrot juice prevents the risk of fetal jaundice.
Carrots, raw nutrition facts and analysis per serving – Serving size: 100g.
Nutrition details from nutritionvalue.org
|Folate, DFE||19.00 mcg||5 %|
|Folate, food||19.00 mcg|
|Folic acid||0.00 mcg|
|Niacin||0.983 mg||6 %|
|Pantothenic acid||0.273 mg||5 %|
|Riboflavin||0.058 mg||4 %|
|Thiamin||0.066 mg||6 %|
|Vitamin A||16706.00 IU||334 %|
|Vitamin A, RAE||835.00 mcg|
|Carotene, alpha||3477.00 mcg|
|Carotene, beta||8285.00 mcg|
|Cryptoxanthin, beta||0.00 mcg|
|Lutein + zeaxanthin||256.00 mcg|
|Vitamin B12||0.00 mcg||0 %|
|Vitamin B12, added||0.00 mcg|
|Vitamin B6||0.138 mg||11 %|
|Vitamin C||5.9 mg||7 %|
|Vitamin D||0.00 mcg||0 %|
|Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)||0.66 mg||3 %|
|Vitamin E, added||0.00 mg|
|Tocopherol, alpha||0.66 mg|
|Tocopherol, beta||0.01 mg|
|Tocopherol, delta||0.00 mg|
|Tocopherol, gamma||0.00 mg|
|Tocotrienol, alpha||0.01 mg|
|Tocotrienol, beta||0.00 mg|
|Tocotrienol, delta||0.00 mg|
|Tocotrienol, gamma||0.00 mg|
|Vitamin K||13.2 mcg||11 %|
|Vitamin K (Dihydrophylloquinone)||0.00|
Article source: tikis.fi
Member read also next article