Garlic body health – Eat a clove of garlic a day – 8 benefits
Garlic body health – Regular consumption of garlic can help improve digestive function and nutrient absorption. In addition, it optimizes pancreatic and liver function.
Garlic is without a doubt one of the most used and utilized natural medicines. Garlic has been in medical use for centuries and is a familiar ingredient to many different cultures. Garlic is much more than just a spice used in cooking.
The sulfur and phytonutrients contained in garlic make it a popular and famous medicine that has been in use since ancient times. These ingredients have a palliative and curative effect, making them suitable for treating many different ailments and improving general health. Garlic was once believed to contain magical powers that repel vampires and other evil creatures.
What are the benefits of consuming garlic daily? We will explore this in more detail in this article.
Garlic body health – Why eat a clove of garlic a day?
Garlic improves blood circulation
Garlic contains a lot of vitamin B, an important compound that lowers the amount of homocysteine in the body. Excessive amounts of homocysteine can be harmful to the body, as it constricts blood vessels and causes the following problems:
- High levels of homocysteine can cause blood to thicken and clump.
- The risk of developing a blood clot increases.
- The higher the amount of homocysteine, the more susceptible the patient may be to vascular disease.
When you eat garlic on an empty stomach, you prevent the effects mentioned above.
Garlic, a great natural antibiotic
Did you know that during World War II, when there was a shortage of medicines, garlic was used to replace many different medicines? Believe it or not, it’s true. This strong but natural antibiotic is a familiar home remedy for treating a variety of ailments. Regular consumption of garlic affects the body in the following ways:
- It strengthens the defense system
- It cures mild inflammation
- It speeds up wound healing
- It prevents the flu and colds
Garlic is good for the liver
Above all, garlic is a real power cleanser that rinses the body of toxins and excess fluid. Garlic removes waste products, parasites and heavy metals such as mercury, as well as drug residues that the liver cannot process.
- Garlic is full of vitamins A, B and C, each of which stimulates liver function.
- In addition, garlic relieves inflammation and is particularly well suited for the treatment of fatty liver.
- If you wake up every morning with dark eye bags under your eyes, swollen face and bad taste in your mouth, it is very possible that your liver is overloaded. In these cases, garlic can be a useful aid.
Garlic body health – Garlic removes clogging
Do you suffer from lung disease or other respiratory problems? If you catch a cold and get a bad, slimy cough and your nose is constantly bleeding, garlic can help with this.
- Garlic removes mucus, opens the airways and acts as a natural antibiotic that treats the inflammatory state of the lungs.
- If you suffer from sinusitis or a severe cough, you can make a garlic syrup or spray.
Garlic cares for the skin
This surprising benefit interests many: one clove of garlic a day when ingested on an empty stomach makes the skin glowing, youthful, smooth and spherical.
- Garlic is full of antioxidants that smooth the skin and slow down the onset of signs of aging. Garlic renews and protects the skin.
- It stimulates skin cell regeneration and prevents acne.
- To get the most out of the awesome benefits of garlic for your skin, you should enjoy one clove of garlic a day on an empty stomach and rinse it down with a glass of water.
Garlic lowers cholesterol
Garlic contains allicin, a therapeutic agent that maintains the circulatory system. The effect of garlic is so strong that just one clove of garlic a day can reduce the amount of low-quality cholesterol in the blood by 9 percent.
Many studies have been performed on the effect of garlic on the bloodstream. For example, according to a team of researchers from the Institute of Toxicology at Shandong University in China, the benefit of garlic to the circulatory system is considerable.
The Spanish Heart Association also recommends that everyone consume garlic regularly, not only to lower cholesterol, but also to cleanse the blood and because of its antibiotic and antibacterial effect.
Do you suffer from anemia? Enjoy garlic every day
Many suffer from iron deficiency at some point in their lives – it is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies. How does consuming garlic help treat anemia?
It enhances the functioning of the defense system and protects against diseases.
It improves circulatory health and provides the body with plenty of vitamins and minerals.
Garlic stimulates the secretion of gastric fluids and thus improves digestion.
Garlic maintains the digestive system
You don’t have to eat a handful a day, just one small clove of garlic is enough. It is important to keep your diet in balance and feel your own body.
Some may feel nauseous after a few raw garlic cloves, but as the body gets used to consuming them, you will soon begin to notice the positive effects of garlic and the side effects will worsen.
Garlic nutrition facts
The following nutrition information is provided by the USDA for one medium clove (3g) of raw garlic. Nutrition details from nutritionvalue.org
Garlic, raw nutrition facts and analysis per serving
|Folate, DFE||0.09 mcg||0 %|
|Folate, food||0.09 mcg|
|Folic acid||0.00 mcg|
|Niacin||0.021 mg||0 %|
|Pantothenic acid||0.018 mg||0 %|
|Riboflavin||0.003 mg||0 %|
|Thiamin||0.006 mg||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0.27 IU||0 %|
|Vitamin A, RAE||0.00 mcg|
|Carotene, alpha||0.00 mcg|
|Carotene, beta||0.15 mcg|
|Cryptoxanthin, beta||0.00 mcg|
|Lutein + zeaxanthin||0.48 mcg|
|Vitamin B12||0.00 mcg||0 %|
|Vitamin B12, added||0.00 mcg|
|Vitamin B6||0.037 mg||3 %|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg||1 %|
|Vitamin D||0.00 mcg||0 %|
|Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)||0.00 mg||0 %|
|Vitamin E, added||0.00 mg|
|Tocopherol, alpha||0.00 mg|
|Vitamin K||0.1 mcg|
Garlic body health – In which cases should you avoid eating garlic?
Garlic thins the blood naturally. Therefore, if you are taking blood thinners regularly or suffer from blood clotting problems, avoid eating garlic daily.
If you suffer from hyperthyroidism, avoid garlic as it is high in iodine.
If you take medications and garlic capsules for heart problems, avoid consuming garlic in the morning.
Member read also next article